Just a few days after last release, the problem reports start to arrive. The gnome-keyring issues were apparently not solved 100% with the last release. Several different issues were reported from various distros.
This bugfix release will make bareFTP hang in there and stay usable, even if GnomeKeyring communication fails. I guess it is a situation we’ll have to live with on some distros for a while, untill gnome-keyring-sharp is fixed upstream and rolled out on the distros. Keyring communications with gnome 2.30+ is reported to work on Ubuntu lucid and other distros using the gnome 2.30 compatibilty patch for gnome-keyring-sharp.
Upgrade is strongly recommended.
I want to thank Stefan Ebner and Michał Lisowski for valuable bug reports and testing leading to this release.
- #35: Unhandled exception when trying to use gnome keyring (better fix than in 0.3.3)
- #37: gnome-keyring problem (crash)
- #38: Can’t build without gnome-keyring
- Revert correctly to previous dir on failed local dir change
- Fixed possible problem when swithing keyring mode with no password file present
You can download bareFTP 0.3.4 source from the download area. Packages for the various distros will follow.